Monday, September 8, 2014

Give Me Strength and Wisdom

Give me strength Lord. Not in pithy quotes or inspiring photos, but through you. Give me rest from my anxiety, freedom from my fears, and virtue in my heart. Protect me from those who would want me harmed. Even though I can't hear you audibly, let me know you are there through your design. We run this race to the finish, men and women - all about the earth. We make big plans but only you know the outcome. Finish my pride, finish my worry about what other people think, and whether or not my job or body will last for it is all gone in the end anyway.  Expel these worries from my mind and give me a new perspective on this life - one that doesn't include the insanity of harmful emotional shackles. Who am I to fear mere man? Man can take away my livelihood or even my life, but you are the one who controls all. Instead of pleading with man, teach me to plead to you for you can change their minds without them even knowing. The sun could go out at your command yet I fear men who have delusions of grandeur. When you walked upon this earth and the trials were numerous, many men wanted you dead and finally had their way - yet you never had fear of them. You even asked your father to forgive them for their ignorance. You walked this earth without a home yet I cannot go without cable. Show me what it is that I am not wise about so that I can become more sensible.

Give me the strength to continue on this journey since (even though sometimes I wish it were over) I am still on it. There must be a reason for all that has happened and all that will happen whether it is good or bad, it is all perfect if it is your will. Surely, if I would come to you more often I wouldn't be in the predicament I find myself in, and I could have also avoided many past heartaches. Protect me from my developed sensitivities to that which does not harm the body but only the mind so that when I am rejected by the people I'm not broken but stronger because I know that I was following you and not a misinterpretation of my human mind. I'm no longer a boy but not yet a man. The world is but a battlefield to me even though there is very little in this life to be afraid of (if anything) outside of you. Command the evil away and let the good in. Let there be peace in this life, for I have seen trouble that feels aimed at me, yet I have been blessed beyond what I deserve. Let there be nothing on this earth that causes me anxiety even if it can physically cause me harm.

Let there be no man that I overly respect or (even without my respect) fear. Show me what your will is so that I can follow it and be without regret, knowing I followed the right path and even though the path was set with traps, they were but detours that completed your will. What I want no longer matters. I no longer desire to keep track of what others have and covet their blessings. I no longer want to please those of this world that I put above me (which is most). I wish to please you. Show me how this is done. How is it possible when I sin the same sins over and over? Thank you that you sent your son, for without him, this world would not be the place that it is at this time, but one of continuous strife. If possible, the people would be even more selfish and irresponsible than we already are. Free me from the mental prison that I've made by my own design. A design so intricate that I, myself, cannot even remember how it was created or how to escape from it. Break these chains that keep me from following your will no matter how tight they may feel, let them fall away like water - no longer keeping me from the tasks at hand. I will continue knocking at the door until it is answered for you are a far better father than any human can be. Forgive me for my doubt and set me back on my feet once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment